
An unusual cylindrical building for Tashkent, constructed in 1988, visually "holds" the intersection of Yakub Kolos and Amir Temur streets.
The architects of the
12-story tower are S. Paramoshkina, G. Alexandrovich, and E. Momotov; the
engineers are A. Kan and Yu. Kalinin.
The top of the building is
decorated with crenellated shields and somewhat resembles medieval towers.
The building is faced with
yellow tiles and therefore received the popular nickname "kukuruzina"
(corn cob).
The building was
constructed for the computing center of the Railway Administration, but
computing equipment became dozens of times more compact over a couple of decades,
so other departments of the Railway Administration are also housed in the
building.
The State Museum of Timurid History was opened in 1996 on the initiative of President Islam Karimo...

The “Samarkand” teahouse was built in 1975 on Samarkand-Darvaza Street.Architect: S. Sutyagin; engi...

The 226-meter-long tourist street is located in the center of Tashkent — from the intersection wit...
The Seamstresses’ Palace of Culture from the “Red Dawn” sewing factory was built in 1936 according ...