The Academy of Sciences building on Yahya Gulamov Street (formerly Gogol) involuntarily draws attention with its facade. It harmoniously combines modern forms and traditional national elements.
It was built in 1928 according to the design of
the famous Tashkent architect Georgiy Mikhailovich Svarichevsky. There is
information that the building was originally two-story, with the third floor
added later. After construction, it housed the Amu Darya Exploration
Administration, then the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Uzbek
SSR, and later, up to the present day, it accommodates the Presidium of the
Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan.
Spacious offices host the Academy’s sections, and
large and small halls are used for scientists’ meetings. The building has been
in service for nearly 100 years and continues to adorn Tashkent throughout this
time.

The Roman Catholic Cathedral of the Sacred Heart of Jesus began construction in 1912 on the high ba...

The building of the former Republican House of Consumer Cooperation (“Uzbekbir lashuv”) was const...

The conventional list of Tashkent's patron saints traditionally begins with Al-Kaffal al-Shashi, a ...
The architectural complex “Ma’rifat Markazi” (Center of Enlightenment), built on Navoi Street for t...