Official website of the Tashkent City Administration
Font size:
Color scheme:
Images:
Architecture Faculty
Architecture Faculty

Tashkent residents are well familiar with the three-story brick building with a rounded corner to the left of СUM. It was built in 1920 by architect Leonid Voronin for the “Sredazugol” organization.

In the 1940s–1950s, the Chemical Faculty of the Polytechnic Institute was located here.

Many call this building the “Architecture Faculty,” as it indeed housed the faculty starting from 1966.

Later, the Architecture Faculty of the Polytechnic Institute became part of the Architecture and Construction Institute and moved to another building.

Currently, the National Center for Human Rights of the Republic of Uzbekistan is located here.

The building has been reconstructed, with window frames replaced by plastic ones, which has spoiled its original appearance.

Also interesting places
House of Knowledge and Russian Academic Drama Theatre
House of Knowledge and Russian Academic Drama Theatre

In 1968, a modern (for its time) House of Knowledge with a 600-seat hall opened on Kirov Street. Fo...

Museum of History
Museum of History

The State Museum of History of Uzbekistan is housed in one of Tashkent’s most beautiful buildings —...

Ministry of Justice
Ministry of Justice

The well-known building on Broadway (Sayilgoh Street) in Tashkent, which now houses the Ministry of...

Puppet Theatre
Puppet Theatre

For centuries, maskharaboz (traditional clowns) performed humorous shows on city and village square...