
The first three-story building in Tashkent was constructed in 1914 based on the design of G. M. Svarichevsky for the Judicial Institutions.
During the Soviet era, in
the 1930s, the Central Asian University was located in the building; later, the
Central Asian Railway Administration was housed there. Currently, it
accommodates the Uzbekistan Railway Administration.
The entrance to the
building is planned from Taras Shevchenko Street, while the main facade faces
the courtyard.
The back side of the
building faces Yakub Kolos Street.
Unfortunately, despite
the building being included in the list of cultural heritage sites, its
appearance is marred by hanging air conditioners, and the entrance is clad in
alucobond.

The Baland Mosque was built in 1857. "Baland" means "high," and the mosque received its name from t...

The Central Telegraph building is one of the most beautiful in Tashkent. It is part of the “Stalin-...

The State Museum of Arts of Uzbekistan was founded in 1918 as the People’s University Museum. Until...

The building is well known to every Tashkent resident: for nearly 80 years, it visually “anchors” H...