
The mosque was built in the 15th
century near the grave of the righteous Ukkosh on the ancient Samarkand Darvaza
Street. According to other sources, the mosque contains a hair of the
Naqshbandi saint Ikkash or Akkosh (Ukkosh).
There was once a water source there,
a spring visited by numerous pilgrims.
During Soviet times, the mosque stood dilapidated. It was reconstructed after independence, but almost nothing remains of its former appearance. It is separated from the new road by nine-story buildings.
Photo by Tashkent Retrospective

In 1865, a military fortress was built on the left bank of the Anhor, near the Qaytmas Gate. Surro...

The beautiful four-story houses on Beshagach Square were built in the early 1950s according to the ...

The State Museum of History of Uzbekistan is housed in one of Tashkent’s most beautiful buildings —...

The beautiful building with a semi-circular facade was constructed in 1938 by Moscow architects A. ...