Official website of the Tashkent City Administration
Font size:
Color scheme:
Images:
ODO and the Law University
ODO and the Law University

The building for the Military Assembly was constructed in 1885, and its overall appearance has been preserved to this day. At that time, it served as a club for officers stationed in Tashkent. The building housed the largest auditorium of its time, where amateur performances were staged and touring theaters performed.

A beautiful garden was laid out nearby, extending to the bank of the Chauli River.

During the Soviet years, the building housed the Red Army House, and from 1945, it was renamed the District Officers’ House (ODO). After gaining independence, the building was transferred to the Central Officers’ House of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Uzbekistan.

In 2013, the Tashkent State Law University was established in the building. However, Tashkent residents, out of habit, still refer to both the place and the building itself as “ODO.”

The remnants of the old park with large trees and a sculpture of a mountain goat on a stone hill have survived to the present day.

Also interesting places
Astronomical Institute and Its History
Astronomical Institute and Its History

In 1870, the military leadership of Tashkent decided to build an observatory. In 1872, a suitable ...

Ministry of Internal Affairs Palace of Culture
Ministry of Internal Affairs Palace of Culture

The Seamstresses’ Palace of Culture from the “Red Dawn” sewing factory was built in 1936 according ...

Kaufman Orphanage
Kaufman Orphanage

At the end of the 19th century, two orphanages operated in Tashkent — the Alexandrovsky and the Kau...

“Friendship of Peoples” Palace
“Friendship of Peoples” Palace

One of the country’s main concert and ceremonial halls, the “Friendship of Peoples” Palace was ope...